Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shoes, Sushi, and Butterscotch Pie!

My last blog was basically just a rant, and after I wrote it, I really didn't think about it anymore. And today I realized that I didn't write about anything happy that happened on my birthday! Silly me! So this is what happened...........
On Wednesday, we totally pulled a Philippine birthday thing. We brought our own cake to GU. It was really fun watching that huge cake disappear in all of 2 minutes! I thought it was really funny until I didn't get any :( However, I made up for it at Red Robin! Nicole B. was having a little celebration there for her Birthday, but I got ice cream too!

That Saturday was the best! An amazing family friend took us to the Woodburn stores and proceeded to buy us......
ME:Shoes, sweatshirt, T-shirt, and shoelaces.
Paige: Shoes, sweatshirt, t-shirt, and hat.
(you've probably see us wear everything numerous times! Aren't the shoes cool?!)

Dinner was even better, since he bought us the biggest tray of sushi you've ever seen!
And as if that wasn't enough, he picked up Made of Honor and watched it with us! Then, during the middle, he brought out a homemade butterscotch pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, he made us a pie, and let me tell you, I about passed out it was so good! So be verrrry jealous. THANK YOU ERIK!

So that is my happy 16th birthday story.

~Laurel

2 comments:

Jean Woest said...

Awwwwwwweeeeeeeee
Thats so sweet.
Isn't God good that he gave you Erik during this difficult time?

And it sounds like you actually had a pretty amazing birthday...

*jealous much*

;) you guys are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Laurel, I loved this blog post. Sounds like you really had a great day celebrating life! Are you driving yet?
I've never had butterscotch pie. Did it have whipped cream?
We've had frost two mornings now. The pool is cold and the tomatoes are mush. :-(
Love you. Auntie Peggy