Wednesday, October 8, 2008

$100 shower curtains

It started as a normal day, waking up at the crack of God-forsaken dawn, because in Portland the sun comes up after 7am. Got ready in 21 minutes due to falling back to sleep for 10. Arrived at choir early and regretted that I had decided not to find socks in favor of eating Breakfast and was envisioning the blisters i would get. Class started as usual...stretching, massages, warm-ups, Ms. Wright running out b/c she forgot something... when our wonderful Choir teacher told Laurel and I our choir dresses had come in.

Needless to say, I was very excited. I had waited almost a month to see the thing I spent $90 on.
At first glance, everything appeared fine. Then I took the skirt out of the bag and found that it didn't move without a battle (gotta love taffeta). After I got the thing on, the girl assisting me informed me that the skirt need to sit on my natural waist. "Wow, homeschool style!"
The shirt isn't much better, as it's made of very heavy velvet, and I can't for the life of me figure out the zipper. But Laurel and could breath in the dresses and that was all that mattered. So we were sent back into class and everything was all hunky-dory...until we got home.

The second we walked in the house we had to try them on. "So I can see how funny you look" Don't you love little sisters? So, after much "convincing" *cough* threatening. we put on the objects of nightmares.

"Good grief paigy, you are going to sweat SOOO much in that" thanks Claire, you're such a doll.

"Hey! If you cut the skirts in half and sew them together, we'll have a new shower curtain!" Well, Olivia if you want to pay for a $100+ for a shower curtain, be my guest.
"
HAHAHAHA you could HIDE in that funny skirt!" Quentin thinks he's God's gift to comedy
"
"When you're all in a big group, those will look great on stage. And you'll be glad you kept those when you get older." Who said anything about keeping them, Mother?

After about 15 minuted of everyone, including me and Laurel, laughing hysterically, the dresses got put away until the concert in a couple weeks where we will be forced to wear them in public. But I think it'll be OK...everyone else will be wearing one to!! HAHAHAHAHA


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!!!

gotta love a family's (brutally) honest sense of humor!!!

i remember the days of dance costumes... same thing except with lycra and tights...!!!

Jean Woest said...

Ewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

To both the post and the above comment!!!!

jk Hey you need to tell Quentin that actually I AM God's gift to comedy!

Alright, I go to work now... :(